As you may or may not know, Groupon is participating in Movember this year. In addition to some great face furniture around the office, to date our company has raised over $7,000 ($7,283 to be exact) to spread awareness and “change the face” of men’s health. For more background on Movember, check out this blog from our Groupon Grassroots team.
We’re halfway into Movember, so I wanted to give you a quick snapshot of what’s been going on and share some statistics:
- 257 Groupon employees from across the world have signed up
- We started with a “shave-off” on November 1st. Employees gathered in the cafeteria and were handed a bucket of water and a cheap–yet frighteningly sharp–disposable razor and shaved beards, goatees, and mustaches to start out the month clean-shaven. Check out our GrouponJobs Facebook page for pictures.
- 15 employees have raised at least $100 and 34 have raised at least $50 for the campaign
- 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with testicular cancer in his lifetime
- The top three individual fundraisers are:
- The top three Groupon teams are:
If you’d like to donate to the Groupon team, please click here. Any amount of donation is welcomed and much appreciated.